|Alice - Connecta - Galleries | Drugs - Help | Tour | Culture - Art | German|
• Meth (methamphetamine) was produced in 1934 for the first time. Later it was use to increase the motivation and the aggressiveness of combat pilots.
• Furthermore it was medicinally used. As Yaba it is widespread as a stimulant especially in Thailand until today.
• Meth is usually sniffed as a white powder or ingested as a pill. The purity of the illegalised substance is heavily fluctuating. Mostly extenders are added.
• Yet a seemingly minor dosage can cause continuous trips that last partly up to 24 hours.
• On Meth the thinking seems to accelerate, an euphoria occurs, and the self-esteem is increased.
• On the level of the body Meth covers hunger and fatigue. But there is no energy added to the body, actually the reserves are exploited till total exhaustion.
• High dosages and permanent use can lead to aggressions, overestimations of one’s own capabilities, and confusions.
• To some extent Meth acts sexually stimulating. - If one has sex: safe with condom.
• When the effect decreases often a temporary depressive state occurs that can tempt to take more. The risk of a psychic dependence is thereby relatively high.
• Possible adverse effects are: tachycardia, nausea, tremor, unclean skin, increased action of the bowels. Furthermore the memory capacity degrades.
• Frequent use harms the mucous membrane of the nose and totally wastes the body.
• The circulation is heavily burdened by Meth. Therefore it is important, specially while dancing, to drink water and juices, and to grant the body some rest.
• If it’s sniffed through the nose there’s the danger of viral infections. Therefore bank notes should be avoided and one’s own tube should always be used.
Questions / Comments / Problems:
ALICE - The Drug- and Culture-Project